1 Jan 2012

My début novel - Deadly Obsession

My debut novel is about to launch on Amazon and I’m terrified!


Maybe terror is a bit strong, but what I’m feeling is right up there with ‘quaking in my boots’! My original deadline was 18th December, and I’ve managed to prolong it until now with every excuse known to man. I needed to rework this and tweak that, and then of course, Christmas came along, and then New Year. Then I’d eaten too much and couldn’t sit up to type. You know how it goes...

So, did the millions of rewrites dovetail? Have the gazillion edits weeded out every single typo? Will anyone buy it? But most important of all ... will anyone like it?

I’m sure I’m not the first author to feel like this, particularly those of us courageous souls who haven’t yet cracked the traditional publishing route, but there is something so validating about being published and marketed by someone else, that when one isn’t, it’s a slog to stay up there and positive. I live in hope that my (our) tenacity, persistence, grim determination, love of writing, belief in self, and sheer stick-to-itiveness will prevail.

I’ve finally been brave enough to get it out there. I hope you like it.

I loved it and lived it ... here’s hoping it transports you too.

Gabi x

No comments:

Post a Comment