6 Jan 2012

A million thank you's!

The response to Deadly Obsession has been nothing short of astounding for me. The support, messages, good wishes, and reviews have come from all over the world, and I am eternally grateful to each and every one of you. 



The act of publishing my book on Kindle was a huge mountain for me to climb, but now that I've done it once, it feels like the easiest thing in the world... it feels like it comes naturally, like its second nature.  I guess its like anything you're nervous of in the beginning because its an unknown. 


Years ago, I started a gym programme, Body for Life, with a friend of mine, Chantelle. When we had completed our 3 months, some muscle-bound dude at the gym said take a couple of weeks break before you start the programme again. It seemed like good advice at the time, and so we did. The two week break became a four year break! The moral of this story is  - 'an established routine is the key to achievement, so what ever you do don't stop doing it!' 



What we did in our 2 week break!


For two days after I hit the 'publish' button, my brain switched off, and I went into a kind of mindless trance. I'm usually so on the ball, so acutely aware of what is going on in my life and around me, that I don't miss a trick. Well, for two days I missed everything, believe me. The hours I'd spent editing my manuscript, and the vertical learning curve I'd experienced building my own blog had sapped me of mental energy. 
But I've bounced back and its onto the next project already, Sedgwick Green. No 'two week break' for me!
The interesting thing is that I don't want to take a break - I leap out of bed in the morning and all I want to do is write. 
So that's what I'm doing......


G x







3 comments:

  1. Don't ever stop writing. Just do it faster. Can't wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep them coming Gabs! I can't tell you how excited I'm about Sedgwick Green! I can't wait to read it. Ohh yes, and I've just read in your blog the list of images that stimulate my creativity...an abandoned staircase. It sounds so intriguing! I wonder where that might be!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The e-book and webinar recording I mentioned tonight. You might find it useful.

    "7 Google Tools to Improve Your Marketing Effectiveness."

    http://blog.hubspot.com/Portals/249/docs/ebooks/8_google-tools.pdf

    http://www.hubspot.com/7-google-tools-to-improve-marketing-effectiveness-thanks

    ReplyDelete