29 Mar 2012

Deadly Obsession available in Paperback!

My paperback is out; you can read it by turning pages. Wow, its a GREAT feeling!

And it wasn't that difficult. Of course, I thought it would be (difficult) when I started because it was an unknown entity. But Createspace was amazing. The site takes you step by step through the process, and if you make a mistake you can go back and change it as many times as you like. 

Before I started, I read through the various stages so  I knew what I had to deliver from my side, such as a cover to the correct dimensions, a blurb for the back cover, the correct layout, the correct font. 

On my first attempt, I simply used the same layout as I had for the Kindle version - well, when I received my proof, the typeface was so big you could read it from a distance of  ten yards. 
Through all my iterations of this book, I found the following to work best for a paperback novel:
  • black print on cream paper, not white
  • 5x8 in size, nothing larger
  • Palatino Linotype, 10
  • review the digital proof as well as a hard copy
  • provide a professional cover
I've been through it with a fine tooth comb; its been edited and proofed for grammar and typos; its been tweaked and turned and tossed and tinkered with - its should be in its best shape yet. 

I hope you enjoy Deadly Obsession as a paperback. If you do, please let me know. 
At the moment its only available on Createspace,  but I expect it to be out on Amazon.com within the next few days. 
If you have any comments, I'd love to hear them (please keep them constructive). 

Writing rocks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment