15 Dec 2012

Books I've written...

The first thing I ever wrote was more of a compilation really. I called it Heart Beguiling Araby. In it, I pasted pictures I loved, copied down poems I enjoyed, and wrote paragraphs of original content when something inspired me. I was 11 years old. I still have that book today and love the feeling it gives me when I flip through the pages. Such innocent passion.

I save every single thing I write, and am fast approaching about 8 books in varying stages of completion.
Here's a brief summary of two of them:

There's Hunter's Mean (working title), a murder mystery set on the country estate of an eccentric, older woman, named Giselle. When her best friend is murdered and the police find a voice recording of the killer, Giselle has her suspicions that the secret lies in her past and the eclectic group of people she used to know. So she invites them all to her country house (its big) for a long weekend. The dynamics of the group bring old grudges to the surface and reveal new demons, until eventually the killer is exposed. But its not who you think it is (is it ever?).

Then, there's The Home Executive (working title). When Farah's health takes a turn for the worse, she invites her young niece to come and stay with her. From the beginning, she can see that her niece and the housekeeper don't hit it off. Strange and sinister accidents start happening, until eventually someone is seriously injured. Enter Josh, Farah's enigmatic young friend who takes it upon himself to find out who's behind the intimidation and why.

Do you lose yourself in your stories when you're writing? I do.
Its almost better than reading a book when you've got a flow of words and story going, and your fingers are humming over the keyboard or fervently scribbling on a page...

Gabi

No comments:

Post a Comment