5 Jan 2013

I'm a Dryathlete for January!

If like me you had no idea what a Dryathlete was, you were not alone. In a weak moment, whilst recovering from a fabulously festive new year celebration, someone whispered to me, 'join the Dryathlon, you'll feel great.' It took me until 2nd January to look it up, and only by 3rd January had I plucked up the courage to commit.

Essentially it means no alcohol will pass my lips for the month of January. Anyone who knows me will know I'm an incredibly social person, so this is no mean feat, trust me. I debated doing it because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stick to it, and as it is in aid of a charity close to my heart, I didn't want to let them or myself down.
Now, I'm committed to the cause and hope to raise at least £500 for Cancer Research UK - if you're keen to support me, you can access my JustGiving page here. 

The first few days have been a breeze and I'm feeling great, although I am going to great pains to avoid any social arrangements over eating time, or any meet ups with friends in pubs. Possibly a good idea to play it safe until I have a fair chunk of time under my belt. I find, with any commitment to myself I need to make, like a diet or exercise, or ... this, if I can get through the first five to seven days, I'm pretty much home free.  It means I still need to make the effort, but by then I am feeling so proud of myself, my resolve is strong, and unlikely to yield.

Now I have a weekend to get through, so watch this space for my next update. Oh, and please sign up to this blog if you like it! Thanks a mill... x


No comments:

Post a Comment